Vegan Chocolate Death Cake
1. To Prepare Cake: Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Grease 3 (9 inch) round cake pans, dust with flour, and line bottom with parchment or wax paper.
3. Sift together dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add oil and vanilla extract. With electric mixer on low speed, blend until fully combined. With mixer on medium speed, gradually blend in coffee.
4. When mixture is smooth, add vinegar and blend on low speed just until combined.
5. Divide batter evenly into prepared pans.
6. Bake 15 to 25 minutes or just until a knife or toothpick inserted in the center of layers comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool.
1. Drain excess fluid from silken tofu, crush and place in a medium saucepan with chocolate chips.
2. Stir together over medium heat until chocolate is very soft. Transfer to food processor and puree until fully blended.
3. Let cool before spreading onto cake layers.