For thanksgiving this year I tried a new cheesecake recipe that my partners grandmother found printed in a local magazine (with credit given to VegWeb for the recipe and photograph). Over all I enjoyed the Cocoa Mocha Cheesecake but would use less instant coffee in the future (I used a free sample of the instant Starbucks coffee and it overwhelmed the pie).
- 7 oz vegan cream cheese (1 tub of Follow your Heart or Toffuti)
- 3/4 block firm tofu
- 3/4 package vegan chocolate pudding mix (dry)
- 1-1/2 tablespoons instant coffee (use less if you do not like strong coffee flavor or if you are using strong instant coffee)
- 2 tablespoons vegan chocolate syrup
- Vegan chocolate cookie crust/graham cracker crust
1. Blend the vegan cream cheese, tofu, pudding mix, syrup and coffee in a food processor or blender until smooth and velvety, pour into chocolate cookie/graham cracker crust and let chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours or longer.
2. To finish, I drizzled more chocolate syrup on individual slices
Photograph from VegWeb